Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use own buttons to navigate tab control pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

4321z

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
GB
Hi,

I want to navigate through tab control pages using buttons that i have placed on the form and not the standard tabs can anyone help.

thanks

Sorry tried a few things but didn't consider the setFocus that seems to work fine whoops!!

You can do this two ways:

1) go to the properties of the tab control , find the 'style' property (in the format section) and choose 'none'. This will remove the tabs.

2) reference the pages from your vba module something like this:
Forms![yourForm].Controls("yourTabControlName").Pages("Your Page Name").PageIndex = 0

that will set the desired page to the front of the other pages (so you can see it)

Also, if you go to the properties of the tab control , find the 'style' property (in the format section) and choose 'buttons'. This will give you buttons instead of tabs but will behave in the same way as the tabs did.

jimlad

ah fair enough sound far easier! (by the way, I put my numbers in the wrong place when explaining the 2 ways of doing things ,just incase this confuses anyone!)

jimlad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back