Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Logical Lan 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striep

Technical User
Dec 6, 2006
NL
Hello everyone.
I have the following problem:
I have a customer with two locations. Between these locations is a 2Mb line present, provider TNF. This line is devided in two IP segments; 172.x.x.x for data for example Phone manager and Soft Console; 192.x.x.x for VOIP.
In the IPO 406V2 is the LAN1 IP adres in 172.x.x.x and a Logical Lan is programed for 192.x.x.x on behave of VOIP. After programming this, I cann't reach the IPO on site B anymore and vice versa. IP Routes have been programmed and checked over and over. VOIP however works....
Has anyone a solution??

Thanks for your reaction!

You cannot use a logical LAN for VoIP as it use NAT from LAN1 to the logical LAN.
Voip connections always connects to LAN1 so from external you cannot send incoming IP traffic from the logical LAN to LAN1.
Wait for 4.1 and then you can create a real Logical LAN which show up as LAN 2 on a 406V2.

Thanks for your reaction. What if I turn it arround?. Define the Lan1 for VOIP and Logical Lan for "data"?

IP Office Small Office Edition and IP412 control units support two separate LAN interfaces (LAN1 and LAN2). These are separately addressed and the IP Office's IP route table and firewalls can be used to control traffic between device attached to the two LAN's.

On other IP Office control units only a single LAN (LAN1) is available. A logical LAN allows these systems to support a second separately addressed LAN on the same interface. Traffic between the IP Office LAN1 and the logical LAN can then be controlled by the IP Office's IP route table and firewalls.

With that I would say try it. You may need to do a route add on the PC.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

Forget it, don't waiste your time, i have tryed every possible scenario : it will not work, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back