Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of HITACHI DKR1C-J72FC in FC-4700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telemorphix

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'va a customer who inherited an FC-4700 array. It has a DAE with 10 x 72GB drives that aren't usable. They appear in Navisphere as Empty drive bays, although the properties of the bay shows the drive and type with a 0 byte capacity. They are DKR1C-J72FC and I'm sure I've seen this model in use with EMC arrays before. They are running KCD3 firmware. Anyone any idea where I can get EMC firmware for them (the customer doesn't have a maintenance agreement with EMC as the array is second hand) ?

Anyone who helps me with the correct solution to get these drives working in this array will win a 72GB drive of the same type by way of thanks. I'll even pay the postage to send it to you :)

Cheers,
Dan

Dan

I have a good deal of experience with this gear.
Have seen Hitachi drives with R570 F/W in CX arrays.
But never in a 4700. My compatibility list does not show the
drive as approved. So no F/W available.
Sounds to me like some one populated a DAE for JBOD use
Are they at 512 or 520 byte ?

I have 73GB spares available Seagate ST173404FC.
Send me an e-mail

Bill Kittle
mail@bltserv.com

I was wondering about using these drives as well, aparently if not for the firmware conflicts this would be possible. Is this possible if the array is used as a jbod, and not as an emc clariion, using emc software. I would like to use a switch to route through perhaps. but my basic question remains, will these drives work as a jbod in an emc clariion dae?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back