Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of headsets on Option 11 telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTen4

Technical User
Jun 19, 2014
GB
Hi everyone

I'm experienced in supporting CS1K based networks, and though I understand much of the administration is the same on an Option 11, I've never actually touched one. I now have a colleague who has come into contact with a site asking for "hands free" capabilities via their Option 11 telephones.

My assumption is that they simply need headsets. But before telling my colleague to go ahead and look at getting hold of some for the site, I though I'd ask if there are any extra considerations to be aware of. Is there any back-end config required on an Option 11 in order for sets to use a headset? Would "hands free" on Option 11 kit denote something other than use of a headset? Do the telephones on the desks themselves need to have anything other than the typical RJ11 headphone socket?

Thanks

Usually hands free means speakerphone. Hands free simply requires a phone that is speakerphone capable and HFA as a CLS setting.

Hi Wanebo

Yep, HFA I'm aware of, for headset use. And yes, "hands free" meaning speaker phone does make sense, though in this instance although the users have used the temr "hands free", the impresion is that they actually need headsets (e.g. based on the location of the phones concerned and the purpose they serve).

Thanks very much for that though. If there's nothing else to bear in mind I might clarify with them and if suitable I'll simply point them towards buying some headsets.

Keep in mind that some phones will only work if a headset lifter is installed. Always check with the headset manufacturer regarding compatibility and other requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back