Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use .NET controls in Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanWilliams

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
GB
Hi all,

Not sure if this is a silly question, but is there any way to use .NET controls in Access?

I would like to use the .NET version of the ListView control in Access 2003, so I can use the improved features. (ie: different coloured ListItems).

I have not found any info on this and was thinking maybe there are backward compatiblity issues that prevent it.

Thanks,
Dean :)

Unfortunately you can't - Access is very limited in the extended controls that it can use and doesn't have the capacity to cope with .NET controls (remember it's basically a cut down version of VB that it uses for programming).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help finding an answer?

Try the search facilty ( or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

You might be able to do it w/ a com object though. Create a class library, add a user control, set it to inherit from ListView instead of control. In the build properties set the "compile for COM interop" check box. That will create a .tlb file which works as a header for the .Net .dll that is created. That will allow you to access the object via COM. Not sure if it'll work for GUI objects, or in the designer, but it's worth a try.

-Rick

----------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

Rick I have managed to get as far as trying to set the 'compile with COM interop' option. Cannot find where this is - it is not an option on the Build Menu. I am new to .NET so I may be missing something glaringly obvious.

Can you give me a bit more info please.

Thank you,
Dean :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back