Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use Laptop on Different Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamafopa

MIS
Mar 1, 2001
CA
I have a laptop that I would like to use on two separate domains. I would like to be a domain user in both, if that is possible. The only way I have been able to do this is to change the Domain in TCP/IP properties, which is a bit inconvenient. Probably a dumb question, but there you go...

Thanks,
Chris

unless the two domains have a trust established, the only way to log in to either/or as a legitimate domain user is by joining/disjoining, as you're already doing. May I ask why you need to do this? What resources do you feel you can't get to?

You can create two different partitions on your hardrive and reintall your os on both with each being a different one. only other way to do it is like brontosaurus said Thanks, PAUL

I wanted to do some testing on converting my MS Access database over to SQL Server. I have an evaluation copy that I can install at home and the OS (2K SBE) at the office comes bundled with SQL S. I was hoping to get similar set ups at home and at the office for testing purposes. As you can likely guess, I don't have a lot of Network experience.
It's not a really big issue, just though I'd ask.

Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back