Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use eyedropper in gradient box

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyBenny5321

Technical User
Nov 23, 2008
US
Hello!

I use RGB colors and every time I need to create a gradient that requires two (or more) specific colors I end up double clicking the fill box of a solid RGB color, writing town the amounts of R,G, & B and then go the the gradient box and manually type in the numbers for each color.

I try to use the eye dropper tool but it does not work with each single color in the gradient, it just copies the whole solid color and removes the gradient. I'm not talking about using the eye dropper tool to copy an already existing gradient to a new path- I'm talking about creating a new gradient with colors I have used in my workspace. (Ex: a dark blue and mint green) Two solid colors of two different objects.

I want to create a path with that same exact dark blue and exact mint green without manually typing in the RGB #s. This would save me a TON of time! Is there a simpler way to do this?:)

In your gradient slider click on the fill bucket, then ALT(PC) key or Option (mac) then select the color to fill from your swatches palette. Do that to fill the buckets to complete your gradient. If you're going to use the same gradient for several paths, then I would save that gradient in your gradient swatches palette.

You can also just drag-and-drop swatches onto the gradient slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back