Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use a Custom Form Instead of MSGBOX 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattGreer

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
OK, the formatting in the msgbox is lame and annoying. I want to use a custom form with "OK" and "Cancel" buttons on it so I can make it all pretty.

I know how to open a form from within VBA, but how do I make it return a value depending on the button that I click?

It's just DoCmd.OpenForm [formname], right? What do I do after that? Or do I need a different command?

Thanks!!

Matt

Sorry,

Had to be away from the computer for a while...

I suspect you are just a few clicks away from the answers you need, but it would help people help you if we knew what is it that you want to accomplish (or not) after the user decides to "go ahead" (or cancel) ?

It sounds like you have some code you hope to either give the go ahead to or to halt.

Can you describe your task or post your code?

I'll be back by online Sunday night.

C

Heh, the problem was solved. Look at the post two previous to yours.

Personally I think describing what the code does after the user decides what action would draw attention away from the one problem I was having, and that was *pausing* the code with that custom form up. I wouldn't want to get off-track in a discussion about what the code was trying to accomplish. :)

But hey, I gave everyone a star that contributed something here, so there you go. :D

Thanks!!

Matt

Congrats on solving your dilemma!

Didn't know you had solved the issue when I posted my last response.

Thanks for the star!!!

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back