Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use a Button to Open a Form that will be used to Add a Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

mns117

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
US
Hi - I'm having some difficulty with a form. I want to be able to look at a record in a form, on the form is a bunch of subforms. I want to be able to update the data in one of the subforms by hitting a button, having a new form popup. Now heres where Im having the issue. When the new form pops up, I want to pass the key to a hidden field on the form that will be inserted into the table when i hit add. I don't want the users to see this value (its a foreign key)

Please HELP!!!

Thanks!

You may consider OpenArgs

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I tried openargs... once i get the value to the new form, how can i set the form field value = to the parameter i sent?

In the Load event procedure of the form set the DefaultValue property of the hidden control to Me.OpenArgs

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back