Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB xD card reader hang Win Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2003
SG
Windows XP SP1 no issue using USB solid memory key before.
After using Olympus MAUSB-100 xD Card USB Reader, the Explorer will hang (Not responding) (When any other USB Mass Storage[Example : Dell Memory Key 128MB] is inserted)
both are USB2.0 compliance....

I know no voice, i know not systems,
i know not networking, for I know nothing!
------------------------------------
Error Message:System Fatal Failure, Please check the connection between the chair and the Keyboard/mouse.
©2003 SCHT.

I have XP SP1 and got that same card reader the week it came out. I was having the syptoms you mentioned combined with everytime I inserted the device into a USB port it would bluescreen. I fixed mine by removing SP1 then installing the reader then adding SP1 back afterwards. They may have drivers for it now, but when I called tech support they had no idea there was an incompatabilty problem. Hope that helps. I know it's a pain to do, but it beats having a nice camera you can't umload photos off of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back