Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Write Caching on HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldieryap

Programmer
Aug 15, 2000
MY
hi,

i couldnt find any solution to enable "write caching" on removable hard disk using USB, i know it's disable by default. i hope if i could get any solution from anybody here knows about that.

thank you.

p/s: no issue on performance or anything else, i just wanna know how to enable it. thank you for any responses.

Try right-clicking the drive in Explorer, selecting Policies tab, and selecting "Optimize for performance" (which enables write-caching). If this doesn't work, further discussion may be required.

Sloth is the mother of invention. Necessity is just a mother...

thanks for your reply, that was my first tried, doesnt work. the "enable write caching" button is there, after u confirm it by clicking the OK button, it should work but the button is "unchecked" instead of "checked" next time u view the properties again.

i done some work before asking, found lots of discussion but no solution for such.

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back