Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB unsupported driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuamBoy

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
Hello everybody,

I pulled a good one here on myself. I rebuilt my Win2K Pro machine before looking in device manager and writing down what type of PCI/USB card I had installed. After bringing the system back up it comes up as a "VIA Unsupported USB driver". The card is a PCI card with 2 USB ports on it. It has no marking of what brand name the card is or any clue for me to search for a driver. When reinstalling the PCI card I get a Microsoft error/notification informing me that the piece of equipment does not have a digital driver certified with Microsoft.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Possibly a universal USB driver I could try? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,

GuamBoy

If you can find someone who is a TECHNET subscriber they can look up the device by FCC-ID (which is REQUIRED to be on the card somewhere). From the FCC-ID you can get all info needed to find what you need for it. (drivers, whatever...)

Or just post the FCC-ID and I will find out the info for ya..

Dave

Thank you Dave.

The number I have only has a FC number on it. I will asssume that is it.

FC - KWE 580
S/N - 11122030111
? - tkt121300-103719
? - 3892B378

Thank you soooo much in advance.

Let me know what I can do to help!

Try The standard MS PCI to USB Host controller, my pc came up with VIA unsupported USB driver when first installed.

I changed it to the VIA standard driver but this seems to cause the PC to blue screen every 15 minutes, the MS standard driver appears to cure this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back