Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Quick Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs1

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a 1GB USB Quick Drive from Micro Advantage that hasn't been used all that much and is about seven months old. I was copying some data the other day and I got a data corruption error. I could not access the drive after that and ended up ejecting it and rebooting. I was at that time able to access the drive, but cannot delete the copied data that I have on the drive. I have tried to format the drive through Windows and also the dos prompt, but can't. I get a I/O error. Any sugggestions on how I can get this drive formatted? Thanks for any help.

Sometimes there are utilities at the web site of the maker. have you searched there?

I ended up ejecting the device, rebooting and was able to see the device. I still coudn't access the data on it, so I fragmented the drive and was able to successfully delete the corrupt data on the drive. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back