Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB port not working suddenly - HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipperchan

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
AU
okay guys, i really need some help desperately!!!

PC specs:

WinXP (SP1 installed)
ECS K7VZA m/board
Athlon 1.4G

i plugged my mp3 player into my USB port the other day and it worked
no problem. then suddenly, neither of my USB ports work. what the?????

can anyone shed any light on this please. i haven't changed any
settings and my BIOS says that my USB ports are enabled

help ....please

TIA

zipper

Where are the USB ports located, as in are they PCI or integral to the mother board, or at the front of the PC, if it's PCI or at the front, check the card and cables.

My SOYO board did the same thing about a month ago. I was using the port, changed units and it didn't work. Checked "System Properties > Hardware" and shows every USB port gone! Tried re-installing, no joy. Have new K7VTA3 Mobo to put in when I have time!

WHAT U CAN DO IS BASICALLY GO TO ADD REMOVE HARDWARE AND UNITSLL THE DRIVERS FROM THE USB AND TRY TO REINSTALL THEM OR YOUR DRIVERS MIGHT OF BEEN OUT OF DATE

Hi there, another thing could be that his FSB setting have changed... thus overclocking his USB ports to a point where they do not function properly... (Happened to me many a times, knowingly overclocked the system...)

Ben

Did you install ANY software related to the mp3 player?
Can U see the ports, controller and hub in Device mangler?

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs..All involved shall be spared the grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back