Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB not recognizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

atanoli

Technical User
Oct 28, 1999
PK
I am using win2k server. PIII 766Mhz. In device manager my USB ports are showing correctly and drivers are "SIS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controler" and "USB root Hub".

But whatever i am connecting with USB port its not doing any thing I mean not sensing that some thing has been attached.

Any solution of this?

Thanks

Most probably is hardware problem, the physical contacts are not working. Install a PCI to usb card as a workaround if your server got no more warranty.

The fact that you have a usb capable machine does not assume that anything attached to this interface will be automatically recognised. What type of devices are you attempting to use on the interface?

Intel's webcam I also tried Sony Still digital camera but nothing is working.

On the device manager you uninstall the USB then reboot, it will try to reload the driver. Same problem, download the latest driver adn install. Last resort is to replaced with a new USB card and disable or removed that existing USB controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back