Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Hub not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

ospre

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
GB
I have a Belkin 1.1 USB 4 Port Hub. It is capable of mains as well as bus power. However when it is connected to the mains and switched to mains power the hub is not recognised by the machine at powerup. Instead once I have entered the Windows XP desktop I have to unplug the USB B end of the cable in the back of the hub and plug it back in again. Once done the machine recognises the hub and all four green lights come on. Can andbody advise why the hub is not being recognised when the machine starts up. If the hub is in bus powered mode it is recognised at every start up. Running Pentium 4 2.0 GHz machine with USB 2.0 and XP.

Thanks.

No Service Pack installed at all. When I try and install that IE6 keeps crashing and is unusable!

I know you're going to ask how can I get USB 2.0 without SP1 or 1a, but somehow I can as I'm running an external hard drive from the USB 2.0 PCI card I installed and can write 60GB in about an hour, so I must be getting close to 480MBPS throughput?

Nick.

I forget offhand, but there is a way to get usb2.o without installing sp1. I ran across it a while back.
I believe its a matter of installing proper usb2.0 drivers for the device you have.

Download service pack 1 --network-- installation.
Install it, with that above mentioned patch, and all other critical updates...
If you have a pirated/hacked copy, no sp's will install.
Thats a bad thing.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back