Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

usage of timestamp function

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranga1

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
Hi can someone tell me what the following syntax means?
(current_timestamp(2), 'Start of step class1');
AND another one
(coalesce(b.step-a.step Hour(4) To second(2));
Thank you,

It is a little hard to tell from the limited sql.

(current_timestamp(2), 'Start of step class1') may give you two columns one containing a current time with seconds to 2 decimals and the other the literal 'Start of step class1' in each row.

select current_timestamp(2) as ctime,
'Start of step class1' as lit
results =
ctime lit
2005-06-22 09:14:38.10+00:00 Start of step class1

(coalesce(b.step-a.step Hour(4) To second(2)) may return the hours and seconds from b in hh:mm:ss.ss format or NULL if it does not exist.

THanks Bill for your response. Its a good start for me to explore more into the syntax.
Ranga

Whether the action block of an Update Trigger can have more than one statements?
Can we use conditional/selection statements in the action block of an update trigger(For each statement trigger)?

Can some please send some help and examples onto that?

AnupMaurya:
I have no exsperience with triggers. Since this question has little relation to the original question, I suggest you start a new thread, with a new subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back