Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

US Robotics modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpipesdad

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2003
US
Customer is trying to connect through Tiny Term to SCO server using scoansi. It used to work fine, but of course lightning hit the servers modem. Got US robotics modem 56k v92. Tried everything on that, gave up. Got a 33.6 us robotics and did the following:

Set dip switches 1,3,6,8 down
On kermit
Kermit
C-Kermit> SET LINE /dev/tty??
C_Kermit> SET SPEED 38400
C-Kermit> con
AT &H2&I2&B1&K1&M4E0Q1S0=1&W0

After this is complete set switches 1,3,6,8 down

Explanation
&H2&I2 sets software flow-control
&B1 lock DTE speed at DCE (computone) speed
&M4 use MNP/V.42 error correction
&K1 V.42 bis or MNP5 data compression

For a MODEM control port:
Use a MODEM control port for host remote site

AT &H2&I2&B1&K1&M4E0Q1S0=1$S1S13=1&W0

We have been testing from 2 different locations to connect, we get connection successful but then all we get is garbage and somethng about 28800 which I gather is what speed we are supposed to be connecting at but we can't. Tried setting baud on the USRobocrap and nada. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need a beer, be back in morning. Thanks again. Oh yeah, and we have tried com1 and com2, disabled/enabled, etc., SCO is 506.

WHAT IS THE UNIX INITTAB ENTRY FOR THE TTY? I HAVE ALWAYS USED HARDWARE FLOW CONTROL ON MODEMS. CAN YOU CONNECT AT 9600 OR 19200?

No we have tried to connect at different speeds, but no luck, shoot we'd be happy with 1200. I'm not sure what you mean by inittab, but maybe you are referring to tty1a and tty2a. That is what we have been trying. Thanks for the reply! Keep em coming, I'm in a pickle here. Thanks.

Ok, will check, thanks. Also I thought I'd throw this into the ring, sometimes when doing the AT commands he screen starts flipping out and kicks us back to login.

Hey, sorry to leave you hanging but I ended up selling her a new modem that I am familiar with. Sorry again, but thanks for the help.

Anyway, for modem lines you should use tty1A, not tty1a.

Hope This Help
PH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back