Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL Variable not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMAN3021

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
CA
I've posted the following on the JDeveloper Forum, but no one has responded yet. I'm kind of in a hurry to get this done since I've been trying to get it working for the past 10 days or so. Any help is appreciated.

----

I've seen many posts about URL Variables, and I've tried implementing the solutions, but nothing seems to be working, so I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to help me with my situation.

I have built a JSP page in JDeveloper. I'm using JDeveloper 10g (10.1.3.3) and my project is using the JSF, ADF BC template, and my page is a JSP.

The page must identify the visitor using an id (passed as a url variable) as well as an account_id entered by the user on the page. I've created a procedure in my ModuleImpl.java file that receives both the url variable and account_id and then calls a pl/sql transaction I've created in the database.

Thing is, if I take the procedure, which I've allowed to be shared to the Client interface, and plop it on my JSP Page, I get two inputs, one for the account_id and one for the url variable, meaning the user has to enter the url variable in the field for the procedure to work.

I've tried modifying the value of the field and setting it equal to #{param.id}, but when I run the page, the input becomes a display field and is not sent to my java procedure. I've also tried the FacesContext way of getting a url parameter, but I can't get that to work in my java file.

What I would like to have (or at least what my intensions were when I started this project) is to have the url variable field be hidden and automatically populated with the url variable so that when the customer enters their account_id and clicks submit, both the account_id and url variable are passed.

Any idea on how to implement something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back