Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL Unmanaged reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NipperP

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
GB
Hi

We currently have a VB application which calls unmanaged Crystal 8.5 Reports dirrectly using a URL. I believe this process is not available in version 10.

However I have heard there is a work around using Crystal Enterprise Report Application Server Please could anybody tell me how I can us this instead of URL's

Thanks

Nipper

You have unmanaged reporting in Version 10 what exactly you want to do. Only in CR 11 it dosent support unmanaged reporting.

Do you want to pass all the logons and the parameters in the Url, so that the user dosent have to enter anything, i mean jsut by clicking on the link he will able to get the data.

Is this what you mean. If not i might have understood wrong.

Reddy.

Reddy

Yes that is correct we have reports which are called directly from a VB application. The application passes all the parameters to the URL and the URL calls a report which uses the parameters passed to it. All this is currently done outside of Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back