Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

url link from Acrobat reader 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lledod

Technical User
May 8, 2002
GB
Hi All

I have created a document with Framemaker, generated a pdf using distiller 4 but made it Acrobat 3 compatible. The problem that I am having is that a url link that goes over two lines works in readers for acrobat 3 and 4 but will not work when in Acrobat 5. Does anybody know the solution or is it a bug. All other links work in all 3 readers.

Thanks

Lledod

Does any part of the intended link work, or does it not work at all? Do you get any action from the intended link text (does the mouse cursor change over it or is it formatted as the other links)?

Hi

The cursor changes to a hand and attempts to link but the link address given is not the complete address when it is is Acrobat 5 so therefore does not find the destination. The strange thing is the address displayed in the browser goes into the second line of the address, if it broke at the observed line break I could see the problem.

It is a very long address, could there be a maximum Acro 5 will accept.

Lledod

I really don't know of any limitation in Acrobat 5 with regard to viewing PDF 1.2 documents. You may want to try the Acrobat forums at and see if there's a FAQ entry on Acrobat 5 bugs or post the question there.

Good luck! B I L L S W A L L O W
Information Design & Development Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back