Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URL - CEv10 and Crystal Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

didonato

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
US
We use URL Reporting on the web a lot for our reporting.

We use CEv10 unmanaged URL Reporting, i.e. not with viewrpt.cwr? But with report file directly similarly as follows:

Question if we Continue to use CEv10
Our Company just purchased “Crystal Reports 2008 Visual Advantage (XCelsius)” I was wondering if I can create reports with XCelsius and view them in our current CEv10 or will I have to upgrade to Crystal Server 2008.

Question if we Upgrade to Server 2008
Will this URL reporting functionality still work as is in CEv10

Please help.
Thanks

No, CE will not run Crystal 2008 reports that use XCelsius. There were changes in the internal report structure in Crystal 2008 for the new functionality, such as integrating XCelsius. The viewer in CE 10 won't recognize these structure changes, so it will error out.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

If we remove CEv10 and install Crystal SERVER 2008 can we still run unmanged URL reports the way we are doing it now and also have URL reports that have XCelsius embedded in them. I just want to run unmanaged URL reports that have some Xcelsius embedded and some without.

Thanks

Crystal Server 2008 will run reports created in earlier versions of Crystal. I'm not sure how the url reporting works in CS 2008 because we don't do that, but there is documentation available on how to do that.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Do you happen to know where to find this documentation?

It should be in the Developer docs that come with Crystal.

Also, you can try a search on "URL Reporting" here:
NOTE: SAP is in the process of moving content off the businessobjects.com sites into the SAP site, so there's no guarantee how long this site will be available. [sadeyes]

-Dell

A faster search on the link above would be OpenDocument - that's what is now used for URL Reporting.

-Dell

I searched and searched... still can't find anything.

Did you search under the link I gave you above? All kinds of stuff comes up. Scroll down in the results list and look for things like "OpenDocument Method" and "openDocument URL Structure".

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back