Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent: When will the 8i OCP certification be retired ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win2kroot

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2003
ES
HI Folks:

I do not want to spend over 2000$ (or €) on 1 course on the 9I OCP track. Last year (and some months) ago Oracle said
you had to take at least 1 course (in Class)... one of the 4 exams to become Oracle OCP 9i... But if you do the 5 exams on Oracle OCP 8i and 1 upgrade exam to OCP 9i, you do not have to pay over 2000 $$$ on a course (better buy Sybex and STS, right ??

Ok. so i would like to know when Oracle retires the OCP 8I track... or just wait for 10g after all.

please help thanx

According to Oracle web site, it will make the announcement at least 6 month ahead of time when it actually retire 8i. So far, I did not see the news yet.

Based on the history, the news to retire OCP 7 was published 9 months ahead of time. Personally, I will take 8i soon also for the same reason as you do.

Hello friend,

I am preparing for my 8I OCP exam. Glad to hear this news.

I just need to know what is STS. and the address of this STS.
What actually the STS Contains.

thanx

Hi skrb1527:

"I just need to know what is STS. and the address of this STS.
What actually the STS Contains."

1. 2. They got exam prep tests for MS, Oracle, Linux etc.....

Hope this helps

ciao.

Hi,

Iam preparing for OCP 8i Exam 1Z0-001 can anybody lend me the software since i have my exams on my way

Thanks
yaaminy

No: we can not lend you but ...

you can download oracle db software version 8 from oracle.com / download etc

hope this helps

Ciao

Hi,win2kroot:

Just got email, say that the ocp test for oracle 8i will retire after Dec 31, 2004. So better go before this deadline for saving your bucks.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back