Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT URGENT......Export of Report problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

youdaman

Technical User
Dec 26, 2001
US
When I export a report to word, none of my check boxes show up in word. Is there anything I can do to get them to show up or can anyone supply some code to show the value yes/no in a text box that can be displayed next to the questionarre? The check boxes show up fine in the report. Please Help!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but when you export a report to Word in rtf format, you lose all drawn objects (checkboxes, lines, etc.). I had to totally re-design a couple reports because of this.

The only way I know of keeping the checkboxes is to export the report as a Snapshot file. But then you have to direct people to the MS website to download the free viewer.

is there any code i can use to put the answer of the checkbox(yes/no) in a separate text box so that I can then use it do display on the report, and subsequently on the export to word? I have tried an if then statement to check for null and not null but the text box just stays as no. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And RegionsRob, thanks for the input.

If you're going to use a text box, you don't need any coding at all! Just set the record source to the field that holds your yes/no answer, then set the "Format" property to True/False, Yes/No, or On/Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back