Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent Urgent ( As5300 & As5400 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuatiya

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
KW
I work at the ISP company & We have Several As5300 & As5400 server's . In, last 4 days we are facing problem that the dial-up users can not login & they are getting Microsoft error " 650 " ( Means : No respond from the emote Access Server ) , Once i checked the calls at the whole Access Server i observed drops on calls & i have to restart the As to act proprly again ( Temp Solution ) . The problem acurred at several times at different Access Server . also No new configuration has been added to the Access Server . Some Access Server once they are effected they give error messege at the Momory ( Low Memory ) but the memory is working fine & i'm sure of that . Is the new virus might cause this problem ? if , yes what is the solution If no , Please to help me in that .

this sounds like the new SoBig and Nachi worms at work...

make sure u apply the filters at your border router to ensure no rogue traffic is sent out.. as per the advisory from Cisco..

good luck..

dear ,

All access-list is applied & filters . the problem also that some of them are not accpting more calls untill you reboot the access server. Dial-up users are getting microsoft errors such as 650 ( the remote As are not responding ) . please to look into my case

Please post the output of SHOW BUFFERS on the AS53XX exhibiting the problem. Do you also get the same message when you dial in to the access server?

andf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back