Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent- Unable to make outbound call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayacoolstuff

Technical User
Jan 31, 2019
US
Hello,

I have non-DIDs assigned to few users,

The issue is when they dial any tfn’s from 1000803 it is giving a busy signal. But when it is dialed from 1000890 it is working. Both the stations are setup as same. COR, COS, TN everything are same. Not sure what is the issue ?

Check the public-unknown table. You can define what caller ID goes out for extensions and extension ranges. See if 1000890 is set up but not 1000803.
You can also trace the station to try and get more detail.

Both are setup same at public unknown table.

Bad call getting denial event 1183.

Attached traces of good call vs bad call
28C15A86-3EF7-484A-A227-20C16E0DA5EC_kwugys.jpg

Good call and bad call are the same. Look at the call ID and the time, all at the same second.

603 can be difficult to troubleshoot. Since this is SIP, you should be running your trace either in Session Manager or the SBC. There are a number of reasons this could be failing. The most common is the carrier is not recognizing your calling party number for the outbound call. This is programmed in the PBX in the Public Numbering table but can be manipulated in the Session Manager Adaptations, Adaptation Regex, or Session Border Controller. Find out where the call is actually failing. My guess will be at the SBC.

I'm with Jimbojimbo on this. Some carriers will block calls when you try to make a call from a number you don't own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back