Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent: Regarding Backup log file mechanism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murthypatnaik

Programmer
Feb 26, 2006
US
Hi,

I am using same file for weblogic server log and Log4J log.
Weblogic has file backup mechanism, if file exceeds 100KB. How to use the same for log4J. Because, If I am not specify the maxFileSize in log4J properties, It will keep on writing to same file, weblogic unable to move this file as backup. Please suggest me in this regard.

Thanks,
Murthy Patnaik

I don't think this is a good idea at all. Use separate files. You don't want WebLogic and a separate Log4J installation both trying to back-up the same log file, at the same time or any other time.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I suggested the same, but this is the requirement we have. I need to find out some solution for this.

Thanks,
Murthy Patnaik

I'm not sure how two discrete loggers are acquiring file-locks on one log file at the same time anyway.

Which logging API is WebLogic using? Maybe you could integrate your logging configuration requirements into its log config. This is the approach I use for JBoss, which means JBoss logging and any log output from my J2EE application all go through one Log4J instance - JBoss's.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back