Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT PROBLEM WITH ENTERPRISE MANAGER PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonya9879

Programmer
Jun 18, 2004
CA
I have been using Enterprise Manager on my server every day without any problems until this afternoon. I can't figure out a way of opening enterprise manager. Nobody has touched the server and it was working fine this morning (i could open it this am)

The error I am getting now when I try to open it is:

-----------

MMC cannot open the file C:\...\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC

This may be because the file doesn't exist,is not an MMC console, or was created later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

-----------

I know that the file is there, I can see it and I also know that was working just fine 3 hours ago.

Any ideas? thanks thanks thanks to whoever finds out this mistery.

I'm not an admin, but I would check to see if you still have security rights to the file. Someone might have changed the security of the file, or the security of your login user, or the group you belong to.

-k

Thanks guys for your feedback. the permissions are the same I just checked and I dont understand why should I reinstall the client tools. nobody had access to the server but me and I know for sure that I didnt' delete any files. This is something really weird. Must be something else, and I hope someone out here knows about it...

Problem Solved!, recreated another mmc to EM

I've actually got a FAQ about this in the Admin forum. I'll see about porting it over to this one for future reference.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back