Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent, problem of Accessing database table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC2000

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
HK
Error Message in SQL server error log :

Error : 17824, Severity: 10, State: 0
Unable to write to ListenOn connection '\\.\pipe\sql\query', loginname 'ate_sea', hostname ''.
OS Error : 232, The pipe is being closed.
Error : 1608, Severity: 21, State: 2
A network error was encountered while sending results to the front end. Check the SQL Server errorlog for more information.

When one client use our application program to access one table of SQL Server Database from the terminal, the system likes hanging and harddisk of SQL Server likes searching data to flash continously. 5 mins later, the terminal will get the data. In normal state, data should access around 5-10s. This application program is used by more than 40 clients at the same time.
This is a very very very big problem.
Please help me solve this problem, thank you!!!

Hi There

I had this problem on one of my servers and the cause was a deadlock. Check your SQL Server to see if there is any deadlocks and delete the blocking process.

Hope this helps Bernadette

Hi Terry

Can you post a link to the resources for helping eliminate deadlocks please... might help with my problem

Thanks in advance Bernadette

Here are some resources that provide help with deadlocking issues in SQL Server.

Tips from Microsoft
(
INF: Understanding and Resolving SQL Server 7.0 or 2000 Blocking Problem

Tips from SQL-Server-Performance.Com
(
Tips for Reducing SQL Server Locks

SQL Server Lock Contention Tamed: The Joys Of NOLOCK and ROWLOCK

Tips from SWYNK.Com
(
Transactions, locking and concurrency in SQL Server - Part I

Terry

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me how to check the SQL Server to see if there is any deadlocks and how to delete the blocking process?

Should I issue the kill command?
Thanks
Keith

You can check for blocks using Enterprise manager.

From BOL:

To view the current locks

1- Expand a server group; then expand a server.
2- Expand Management; then expand Current Activity.
3- Expand:
a- Locks / Process ID to view the current locks for each connection.
b- Locks / Object to view the current locks for each object currently locked.
4- In the console tree, click the connection (SPID) or object to view. The current locks for the connection or object are displayed in the details pane.

From Query Analyzer you can run sp_who2 to view current processes and blocks. Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back