Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

qilong

Technical User
Dec 9, 2001
MY
HI

Just to see if there is any advices from anyone.

WE have just upgrade our server from Window NT to Win 2003 server. The perl script that can be executed in WinNT, cannot be executed in Win 2003 server. The problem:

Uploading of files. our command:
Input type ="file" name="filename"

If we did not browse any file and click on the submit button, the error msg will be displayed saying no input. However, if we selected a file, the script could not be executed.

Is there any advice?
thank you.

Sorry -- that's not really enough info to help you.

I'm guessing that you're running the scripts undr a web server? Run it from the command line and see what happens.

If you're still having troubles, come back with details about your environment (versions etc) and I'm sure someone here will help.

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Yes, we running the script under a web server.
Last time we using Windows NT 4.0 and now we want to migrate it to the Windows 2003 Server.

I try to install the ActivePerl 5.8 but it seems like having some problem with the script so I uninstall it and then install the ActivePerl 5.6.

At first all the script will have some problems but now all ok already after I make some "strange" indexing for the coding.

Now the problem I having with is the File Uploading.
I cant upload the file and the error messages keep coming out.

Thanks

I'm sorry to have to tell you again -- there's not enough detail in your postings' to let us help you.

We need

-- exact error messages
-- the section of the Perl script that's causing the error

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Hi guys,
Wat does this means?

[Mon Sep 22 12:06:57 2003] D:\application\send.cgi: CGI open of tmpfile: No such file or directory

thanks for any advice.

Sounds to me like the cgi script is trying to open a file and the preceding directory structure does not exist. Can you post the lines of code around where the error occurs (look for 'CGI open of' in the code). Failing that, look for 'tmpfile' and check out the paths.

Scotty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back