Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT... how to hide subreport section - weird situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cord

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
CA
URGENT... OK, I have encountered a special hiding subreport problem. Basically my setup is this:

group header 4: subreport with values coming into the main report

group footer 4: main values from the subreport (the values show 0 unless I have the subreport in the header)

I managed to hide the header rows completely (very small space in between footer rows) by turning off "can grow", but now I need to supress the footer when a certain condition is met, and once I do that, I get spaces in between the remaining footer rows, caused by the header, which in some cases becomes quite a large space, depending on how many rows were supressed in each section. If I try to apply the same supress condition to the header, I lose my values.

If anyone has any idea on a way around this, I would appreciate it very much as I am going crazy with these spaces!!

This isn't true:

"main values from the subreport (the values show 0 unless I have the subreport in the header)"

Right click the group footer and select insert section below.

Place the subreport in the first group footer, and the fields to display in the second section.

You'll still generate space in the Group Footer though, one of the many reasons that subreports suck...

-k

Ok well it comes down to the fact that I need two sections, one for the subreport, and one for the values, so my main problem is given this, if I supress some of the second section rows, I can't get rid of the spaces from the first section. There is absolutely no work around for this that you know of? I can't believe I have hit this dead end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back