Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexie

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
Hi all,
Please help. I have an excel file with two columns. The firt colume Contains Item number and , the second column contains Total. But the problem is that it is not side by side, meaning to say like below

Item # Total
ABCD
(This is a seperated Row)

FGDS
(This is a seperated Row)

Between the Item # and the Total there is One Row seperation. How can I delete it through a macro or anything and put the value next column to Item Number.

Please help

There's a REALLY easy fix. I run into this all the time.

Right-Click the cell directly to the right of ABCD and directly above 12 (using your example above) and select Delete... When prompted, select "Shift cells up".

All of your rows will line up. If I misunderstood your example and there is one full row between your needed cells, then repeat the process.

Good luck.

That's an easy one.

Select the SINGLE blank cell under "Total".
Right Click and select Delete.
On the little dialog box that pops up, select "Shift Cells Up".

If you really want a macro, you can record the process as you perform it. Granted it will only ever work for that one cell, but once you have the marco recorded, it shouldn't be too difficult to edit it.

But I have 20,000 records to do ,though(sorry I missed that one)

Thanks a lot guys, it worked, you guys pulled me out of this one fast. Thanks to all. I appreciate it

rexie,

Clearly you appreciate the help you received.

However, it ALSO appears clear (from your profile) that you are not yet aware of the "proper" method of "showing appreciation and recognition" at Tek-Tips" - the issuing of "STARS".

It's QUITE simple - just click on the "Click here to mark this post as a helpful or expert post!" - located in the lower-left-corner of the contributor's posting.

PLEASE do NOT issue a star for my posting - I want to earn stars in the normal way. Thanks.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back