Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent help on upgrade to 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

m31690

Technical User
Nov 20, 2007
US
We are upgrading 81C MG 5.5 to 6.0
Call Server succesfully joined UCM domain but cant uprade
MGC cards loadware or join them to UCM
Error msg on MGC port says "The token was not distributed from Primary Security Server properly

Running out of ideas

From UCM, click on IPSec, change IPSec required to "No" for all devices, Synchronize and Activate. That should pass the token you need to continue.

rkaufman. When activating do you do it gracefully or force it

Graceful or Forced, makes no difference from what I've seen, the difference of 30 seconds maybe. Same result either way.

rkaufman, Under status it says sync done, activation request sent. Dosen't indicate if it was succefull
is that normal

Yes, that is normal. It will only return a status that the request was sent. From past experience that has always meant success.

Still can't get MC32 cards to register with UCM

Look at ld 117 and stat transfers secure and stat shells secure. May have to enl shells secure and enl transfers secure.

We just completed a 5.5 to 6.0 & Linux SS upgrade about 5 weeks ago. We had issues getting the Service Pack Files to load and items joining the security domain.
What we found was a bad ELAN cable from the SS to the layer2 switch.
I doubt that will be the same issue you are having! But that was our issue.

We got it working late friday night.
There were two gotcha's
1) Couldn't get the MC32 cards to register with UCM using the "register ucm system" command in ld117 as per NTP
Instead connected PC to each card and through CLI issued the "joinSecDomain" command which worked.

2) Element Manager couldn't upload new IP phone firmware files to sig servers. Keep getting error saying there were no sig servers on the node even though there are two defined and could save and sync to them. IP phones couldn't register. Checking PBX link status on leader sig server came back with result of "couldn't run command as app is not running" Logged into Linux Base and under apps there is a link to check status of Nortel apps on server. This showed several apps were in the stopped state. Clicked the restart button and everything came up. Same apps were also stopped on the follower sig server which required restart.
This is the first 6.0 upgrade I've done, I would recommend to anyone they check the app status on sig servers to make sure everything is running

Hope this helps anyone else from a long head scratching frustrating day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back