Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent help on SSIS package

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCAD1

Programmer
Apr 17, 2003
GB
I am new to SQL Server Integration Services and having problems loading some data into the warehouse using an SSIS package which was created by someone who has now left the organisation. When I run it, the following error occurs:

[Flat File Source [215]] Warning: The system cannot find the path specified.
[Flat File Source [215]] Error: Cannot open the datafile "".
[DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "Flat File Source" (215) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020200E.

From what I can see, it has been designed in such a way that it loops through and picks the files and loads them in one at a time. The data file and the destination tables have been defined in the variable properties of the designer view.

The data file (and its name) has changed and I have created a new destination table to reflect this. Besides, in the Data Flow tab of the package, I have created a new Flat File Source and connected it to OLE DB Destination table so as to match the external columns and output columns. In the Connection Manager, I have created a new flat file connection manager since the original one was based on the old data file. The value of the ConnectionString property of the flat file connection manager is empty.

When I run the modified SSIS package, it comes up with the above error. However, if I run the original package using the old data file, it works fine.

Could someone please explain to me step by step how I can resolve this problem. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Ra

Rather than creating a new source, why not just alter the existing one with the new path information. Verify your job has permission to access the files in the new location.

--------------------------------------------------
Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
--------------------------------------------------

Ousoonerjoe,

Thanks for your reply. I did alter the existing source and run the package a few times without success before resorting to creating the new source. Three other things to point out: (a) the location of the data file has not changed – only the name of the file has changed, (b) I am running the package in the design view first and if it works, I’ll then schedule it to run as a job, (c) I have full permission not only to access the file where it’s located but also on the whole drive.

Since I posted my mail yesterday, I have discovered that the problem relates to SSIS package configuration. I have tried to apply somebody’s solution from the web (XML and SQL server configurations) but it has not worked. It could be that I am not doing it correctly.

Any ideas?

Jcad1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back