Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT - Error Message!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I urgently need to sort this out. I keep getting this error message when trying to bring up data in an html page. I am using asp to get the data from an Access 2000 database. Any ideas what it means or what i do?

Many thanks

Emma

The messgae is as follows:

Provider error '80004005'

Unspecified error

Check out Technet article Q183060. Unfortunately, the technet website has a broken link for this (hopefully you have access to the CD). You can see the following...

...for a reference to it. It seems that permissions aren't set correctly.

Hope this helps,

[sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

Here is another version of the error relating to Access...

Later, [sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

you didn't write the code... you may have a syntax error in your SQL statements. kindly post it for review.

regards, [sig]<p>Jun Nantes<br><a href=mailto:bhudz@junnantes.com>bhudz@junnantes.com</a><br><a href= Nantes Official Internet Site</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back