Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT: Donwloading an activeX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrachina

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
ES
Hi everybody:
I have created an activeX and I start it from an asp file. I have done a lot of different versions and I have never any problem. But now I have the following problem:
I have created a new version and I have modified the asp file to download this new version. Always when I start the asp file the activeX tries to download. It does it well, but I continue executing the previous version, because I can't see the new changes. In the downloaded program files folder is the object, but the version obviously is the previous not the new. Well, I have deleted the object and I tried to donwload again the activeX. Now, in the downloaded program files folder is the new version but the activeX does not start and when I try to access to the asp file, it tries to donwload again the activeX.

The activeX is in the downloaded program files, but the activeX does not start and the asp file tries always to download it. Someone could help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Barrachina,

To help understand what could be going wrong, can you answer the following questions?
[ul]
[li]What internet browser are you using?[/li]
[li]Do you allow ActiveX objects to run within that browser?[/li]
[li]Have you restored your default settings for the browser lately?
  Doing so may turn off the ability to run ActiveX components[/li]
[li]Have you signed the code for the ActiveX object?[/li]
[/ul]
Component download is a very finicky task. Any of the above could easily cause frustration. I'm posting more for where to look for what went wrong because this has happened to me in the past. Most of the time it's one of the items listed.

MapMan [americanflag]

Assume nothing, question everything, be explicit not implicit, and you'll always be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back