Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent! Datawindow disappears when a column is added

Status
Not open for further replies.

programmerbrian

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
CA
Hi There,

I'm modifying an application that has, among other things, a window object with a datawindow object sitting on it(no biggie).
When I add a column to the DW object in the DW painter, everything looks good. I can preview the DW and it does exactly what I want it to do.
The modified DW object shows up correctly in the window painter as well.
But when I run the application the datawindow disappears.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

Does your application use any Window/Datawindow security? Maybe the new column needs to be added, or security redefined? Just at thought worth checking?

Computergeek

Is the DataWindow shared to another DataWindow or DataStore (using ShareData)? After adding the column the DataWindow object may work fine by itself, but if the DataWindow is the secondary DataWindow in a ShareData, the function may fail if the column is not also added to the DataWindow object used for the primary Datawindow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back