Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT: Damaged Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenewgirll

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
Please help!

There was a momentary power outtage as I was editing my project. The power blinked off and on, and the project came back, and I saved it. But I returned to it the next day and Premiere would not open it, saying "The project appears to be damaged." The only way I can retrieve my project is by editing off the AutoSave files. AustoSave, however, only saves every hour, so I've been losing the last of my work each day.

Each time I work off an AutoSave file, rename it and save it, Premiere claims that it's damaged and will not open it the next day. Is the file really damaged, or is this boneheaded contraption just being fickle? Why is AutoSave able to save it, but I can't? And if the project IS damaged, how can I fix this? PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks in advance.

HI,
youve prolly done this already...but if you havent hopfully this will help

ive had this problem befor but i was able to use my auto save with out errors. the only suggestion i have is uninstall PPro then reinstall it then try your saved work again.

i hope everything works out for ya

Cheers
Chonkey

No Ticket

Before you go to the trouble of a full re-install, you might first try a new preferences file by starting Premiere with CTRL+SHIFT held down until the splash screen appears. You'll then need to reset your scratch disk and other preferences before starting editing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back