Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent !!! Cannot Register Active X DLL in Windows98

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicemong

Programmer
Mar 20, 2003
HK
Hi all,

I have made an activex dll by visual basic. But when i want to register the dll in a Windows 98 PC by regsvr32. The dll cannot be registered. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Any responses are welcome
Alice

Hi all,

I have used the following api in my dll.

Private Declare Function OpenPrinter& Lib "winspool.drv" Alias "OpenPrinterA" (ByVal pPrinterName As String, phPrinter As Long, pDefault As PRINTER_DEFAULTS)

Private Declare Function EnumJobs& Lib "winspool.drv" Alias "EnumJobsA" (ByVal hPrinter As Long, ByVal FirstJob As Long, ByVal NoJobs As Long, ByVal Level As Long, pJob As Byte, ByVal cdBuf As Long, pcbNeeded As Long, pcReturned As Long)

Private Declare Function CloseHandle& Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hObject As Long)

I think I cannot register my activex dll due to the demage/missing winspool.drv.

Does anyone have ideas to solve this problem?

Alice

o.k did u use Package and deployment wizard? if not what do u use to distribute ur exe?

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back