Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT Cannot open mailbox after move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I am in the middle of moving mailbox's to another server (Exchange 2003 SP2 to 2003 SP2)

I am having problems with 2 users, after the moving the mailbox's outlook opened the mailbox's but outlook crashed when selecting any subfolder. I came across this article

I have applied for the fix, but it also says that if the mailbox's are moved back the problem no longer occurs, however I have moved them back and now outlook just says the set of folders cannot be opened. I dont know what to do next, could somebody help me, please?

Kind Regards,
D.

I plug you in, dim the lights,
Electric Barbarella !

Well, in case anybody else ever get this, you have to wait a while before the outlook will open, rather than trying to open it straight away. Had to wait about 30 mins, I received the hotfix and will be applying it tomorrow morning.

Regards,
D.

Electric Barbarella !

Hello,

There has been a new development, I am applying the hotfix mentioned above tonight (in case it goes wrong I have the weekend to fix it), but a couple of new things have come up.

I actually moved my own mailbox over a couple of weeks ago, and had no problems at all. Now I cannot open or touch my subfolders without Outlook saying there is a problem and needs to restart.

Another problem is that those users who have been moved, now have to click Send/Receive to get their e-mails to appear in their Outlook.

I would love to here if anybody else has encountered this behavior during mailbox moves and what you did to fix it. I am really dispointed problems have started after a strong start.

Would love to hear from anyone on this, any suggestions welcome.

I have tried...
Reinstalling office SP3
Deleting and recreating the profile
I cannot use Cached Mode anymore, if that option is ticked, outlook opens and closes immeadiatly.

Kind Regards,
D.

Electric Barbarella !

try outlook / resetall

This doesn't sound like an Outlook issue, more like a name resolution issue for the servers. Are both DNS and WINS running correctly?

Hello,

I dont have WINS running, just DNS, but this problem did in fact solve itself when I installed some standard windows updates and restarted. Which was nice. I'm moving all the other mailbox's tonight. I wonder if I there are advantages to disabling Exchange cache mode on peoples machines, as I have read articles that indicate your better off doing so, but nothing concrete.

Regards,
D.

Electric Barbarella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back