Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

URGENT- Anyone install the MS03-039 Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveRS575

Programmer
Aug 20, 2003
CA
I have been tasked with an urgent request to implement this hotfix TONIGHT in my production farm sans QA!! (Yikes)

Has anyone implemented this yet, and if so have you had any problems to speak of. Any feedback at all would be awesome.

For this of you who do not know about this yet, here is the link:

Thanks!

Dave

Hi,

We are looking at that one at the moment! Sorry for the lack of positive feedback!

Cheers,
Carl.

Ditto for us. Have not applied it yet, waiting for other user comments as to results.

Installed it last night on my test servers, which are exact duplicates of my production servers. No issues to report, seesm to wrok well

Well... so far so good as far as I can tell.. I'll update if we find any problems as well.

Thanks for the feedback..

Dave

No rest for the Wicked.

Applied patch on all production citrix servers. No problem reported by users. Everything seems ok. Will update if anything found wrong.

I've installed it on my test server and it seems ok!

I have installed it 4 times on non-Citrix equipment and had problems on 2 (W2k Pro and Win2k Server). On both, the file NTLDR was missing after the Restart. I believe that file is part of the update. Could have been caused by intermittent network comms during the download - but the installer should have coped with this.

Installed it the day after it came out. Everything seems to work well.

Installed it on 25+ Citrix servers and it seems to work ok!

Will comment more tomorrow after a few more users have abused my lovely farm!!!

Carl.

Running a 3 server 2k sp4 citrix sp3/fr3 farm with that patch installed last Friday. No issues to report. Note, that sp4 did cause a few issues that we had to work out. Namely slow logons and logoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back