Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent: Access database locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatik

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I am running iis 4.0 w/ odbc. When a internet user logs into the database they are able to do anything.. all functionality is there. However, the problem being is that this user creates a lock file for the database and it will not purge after the user logs out of the database. The lock file cannot be detected or deleted from the server with administrator rights. The administrator can edit the database but cannot create new forms, or delete them through access. Tables are still able to be modified. If anyone has any ideas as to what might cause this, the sharing of those ideas wold be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

vatik,

How is the lock being created?
How are you connecting (connection-string) to the Access db?
Are you using recordsets?
Are you closing your connections after retrieving data?

fengshui1998

Do you have any loops in the code? Something as simple as you useing a do-while loop, and not telling the connectin to go to the next records after every loop would create an infinate loop, and the browser would just sit there loading and loading. (rs.MoveNext)

That is just one idea...hard to say, you weren't clear enough. Please explain more.
-Ovatvvon :-Q

Yes i am using recordsets, but i am using rs.movenext in my loops. The database works just fine on the web, i can do everything i wish. The problem is that the lock file doesn't disappear. When you open it up, it list the server name with the username admin multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back