Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

urgent! ... a simple one for experts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metacomet

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
MX
i have an mpeg2 video, what do I have to do to make it watchable from any home video dvd player?

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT!

Metacomet

These are great sites...check the out for sure.

What you are looking for is the "final" process referred to as "authoring" a DVD. This is the process of using the MPEG2 file(s) and creating menus, chapter points, and the .VOB files in the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS structure req'd for a DVD disc.

Lots of good software choices out there that will do this... simply look for "DVD authoring"

HTH...Rob

I would suggest Adobe Encore.. It's very simple to use and even allows for intermediate menu authoring..

Patrick

Even easier for the "non-picky-i just want to watch my movie-type" is the program "MyDVD which comes with most DVDburners. it's not a highly feature rich program, but will get you off and playing without much hassle.

Don't be set back by all the technical information about DVD authoring... It's actually quite easy. If you're wanting a good proffesional looking disc use Encore DVD (buy the quickstart guide for a 2 hour read on the basics before starting, you can find it a the local libray or bookstore usually).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back