Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upside down format? - Excel 2007 text

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICCIIT

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
GB
OK.... a colleague as made a request to be able to type text in to Excel 2007 cells in upside down format! naturally I went to the Text alignment options but that will only allow +90 or -90deg.

Anyone know of a way to do this or is there an upside down font to use?

From what I know, a text box has such an option

Respectfully,
Vilhelm-Ion Praisach
Resita, Romania

What a strange request! I don't know of any way to do this inside a cell. However, you could type into a text box, and then rotate the text box 180 degrees - click the text box to select it, then drag the green dot above it to rotate the box.

If this colleague's nose runs and his feet smell then he's built upside down and his request makes sense but if that's not the case, why does want to write upside down? Just curious.

I can imagine a scenario where up-side-down print makes perfect sense.

Suppose that you wanted to print an 8 page booklet using one sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper printed on both sides, so that by folding the sheet twice; first in half to form a 5.5 x 8.5 area, and then again to form a 4.25 x 5.5 area. The 5.5 inch fold is stapled as the binding, while the two 4.25 folds are cut to free the pages.

One side would have pages 5 & 4 up-side-down at the top of the sheet and pages 8 & 1 at the bottom of the sheet.

Flipping the sheet over along the 11 inch edge, pages 3 & 6 are up-side-down at the top of the sheet and pages 2 & 7 are at the bottom of the sheet.

I once did a small 32 page booklet from a single sheet, using this type of method.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Good thinking Skip, I made the bogus assumption that all the text would be up-side-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back