Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upon Opening Word: Visual Basic compile error in hidden module-WFMain

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicklearner

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
I am receiving the following error message when opening Word 2000 (OS WNT 4):

MS Visual Basic: compile error in hidden module-WFMain.

Have not been able to find completely satisfactory answer based upon other responses to similar error messages, just not this particular module:
1. Do not have Goldmine installed on this system.
2. Do not have any abnormal .dot files.
3. Do not have voice issues.

I can't even find out what "WFMain" means.

Any information would be very helpful.

I have determined that "WF" means "word fill" on the task bar of the Word program. Every feature in its pull down menu generates compile error, so my guess is this entire module is bad. Even the help menu doesn't come up for this one.

This particular computer does have Visual Basic installed, although I am completely unfamiliar with this program.

Yes, I have attempted to rename normal.dot, without success.
PC clean-up? I think I have cleaned what I can from this computer. The user is not very considerate and absolutely has NO CLUE when it comes to operating a computer the proper way. He downloads programs he's not supposed to, emails all his friends and receives huge files back. Surfs all day, he'' be out of here by years end. Maybe I should wait until then to attempt a real clean-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back