Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading to website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppaatt

Programmer
Oct 6, 2002
GB
I am producing a website that requires some uploading functionality for the users. Currently, this is done with an ASP VBScript page, but this is very slow when uploading large files.

I cannot use 3rd-Party Upload Components because the server is remote and we cannot install 3rd-Party software onto it.

Does anyone know of a good alternative for an uploading service?

TIA

Thanks. The code is a lot cleaner than what I was using, but it is not any faster.. I think asp/vbscript is just too slow to process large binary files. :(

I think you need to look at other things besides the code that initiates the upload process. The FTP process will be regulated by the available bandwidth, connection type (modem. cable, dsl, isdn, frame relay, etc.), users processor speed, network traffic, your ISP's processor speeds, etc. There's always a better way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back