Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading Report to Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky2708

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
US
We have Crystal Enterprise 8.0 installed and thinking of upgrading to version 8.5. Do any of the versions have a way of uploading a massive amount of reports 100+ at one time instead of going to the admin website and uploading them one by one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can use the Crystal Publishing Wizard, but you still need to go through each reports details as you load it.

Remember to select the Review or Modify Report Properties or you'l have to go into CMC and do it anyway...

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Is it possible to design a report using report designer component in a VB activex dll project?
So that I cal call the dll from ASP page and create the report at run time?

If the 100+ reports are already published in CE 8.0, you can migrate them to the 8.5 aps using the migration wizard.

What I've noticed is if you have a friendly name/folder structure for your reports and use Import Wizard, it imports only successful versions and non of recurring instanses ( per design) with some random names/folder structure, so it's the last time you see you friendly names.

Next time you need to edit the report, you have to go CE and see exact path to edit. I personally don't know how to use source control with with model.
Was anyone able to overcome this "feature"?

The correct tool is the 'Import Wizard' in CE 8.5. Don't bother trying to use it, if you haven't applied the latest patches - early versions had bugs. It will import folders (friendly name and all) and instances (look for the check box on the target APS specification dialog). Lots of instances at once will take a loonng time and may choke leaving your system db in a questionable state. When migrating folder and subfolders it's best to pick a folder at the root of the aps and get all subfolders (and instances) on one import, because the next pass will duplicate the higher level folders with '(2)' subscript. Nice! If report ownership is important to you, import the users ahead of time. If the report owner is not there when the report is imported, the owner will become ADMINISTRATOR.

No help on the source control.

I downloaded hot fixes on 10/23/2002 and I see no frienly names ( I mean the file names as report names in CE are OK).

My APS ver 8.5.0.1004, web component 8.5.0.985, the rest is 8.5.0.774 and it only works if importing from the same subnet, otherwise only folders go, no reports.
I do have all Administrative rights on both machines and even the same user name and able to connect to the share on the source machine. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back