Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading jpg photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosscopt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

Someone I know is trying to upload photos to a couple websites, but is having trouble doing so. The photos are .jpg but when she tries to upload them, she gets an error saying that they should be in .jpg format! One of the sites is bebo. If I rename the file to .jpeg it works. If she send the picture to someone else, i.e use another computer, it works using the .jpg file.

I've asked Google but am struggling to find anything similar. Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this issue, but wasn't exactly sure where to go!

Thanks

Rossco

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought initially, but the same website accepts the same file but from a different computer, which is what I don't get.

It seems that it must be something on that PC.

If we can't figure out something, then I think I'll just have to get them to rename the files.

Thanks

Rossco

I suppose you have tried cleaning out all the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, etc. on that one machine?

Are you sending the .jpg file by network connections from the failing machine to a non-failing machine or transferring it by other media and then uploading it?

She's e-mailing the .jpg file to her husband's work account and he's using his computer at work to upload the photo to the website without any issue.

as I said, bizarre!

Is it a file association problem with different photo editors? What application opens .jpg and .jpeg on the relevant machine?

What firewalls are involved do they have a thing about .jpg? There was a scare several years ago about .jpg and .jpeg files.

Like you say, bizarre, but only until someone finally solves it.

Hi rosscopt

This once happened to me and the answer was to rename the file (Just ad a letter in front of original name. Now you MUST NOT HAVE ANY SPACES IN THE NAME OF FILE.

Example file is called bbeach or bmountain

cheers

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back