Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading Graphic Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
I use Dreamweaver MX, from two locations, to administer several sites.
From location #1, I cannot upload graphic files (.jpg .gif) to one of the sites, but I can to the others.
From location #2 I can upload graphic files to any of the sites, therefore the problem probably does not rest at the server. Are there any settings within Dreamweaver which can cause this to happen? I haven't found any?
Thanks

do you use the FTP within Dreamweaver? I would recommend using a third party FTP to control this.

ghostinzman:
Yes, I use both Dreamweaver to ftp as well as WS_FTP. Results were the same.
Thanks for the reply.

dmacster
I tried it but no help. The other sites I maintain do not have passive ftp checked and they are fine. One of them even resides on the same server.
Thanks for the reply.

On the machine that cannot upload graphics, can you upload other files like html and other text formats?

Is it a different user name/password and is it only this one site that this one machine cannot ftp to?

Has not been resolved, sometimes I can upload, and sometimes I cannot. Haven't been able to pinpoint origin of problem.
Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back