Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading Documents via Portal published w/ISA 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrosius

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have a Sharepoint 2003 installation and publish a virtual server using ISA 2004 so that our external partners can access sites etc.

This is a new installation and everything seems to be working fine. Until I try to upload a document to a document library. The upload appears to go through without a problem, but the document never appears in the document library.

I can upload documents just fine when accessing a site from the internal network. They show up to external users and can be opened and downloaded.

If I try to upload a document from the outside it does not show up in the document library, but if I try to upload the same document again and turn off the "Overwrite" option, it tells me the file already exists.

Very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bill

Patrick,

I did use that article during setup. The only odd thing that happened when going through the steps in that article is that it would not allow me to enter the "virtual server" name. I had to use the IP address for the virtual server like so:

stsadm.exe –o addalternatedomain –url –urlzone extranet –incomingurl
It would tell me it couldn't find the virtual server if I used the "common name". My internal DNS is configured correctly as far as I can tell. I can navigate to the virtual server from any machine on the network using the virtual server name. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

What would you hope to see in the log file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back